Since 2013 Behind the Brands assesses and assigns a score to the agricultural sourcing policies of the world’s 10 largest food and beverage companies, focusing on publicly available information that relates to the policies about products and supply chain.
Particularly it looks at seven themes, wich are:
- Transparency at a corporate level
- Women farm workers and small-scale producers in the supply chain
- Workers on farms in the supply chain
- Farmers (small-scale) growing the commodities
- Land, both rights and access to land and sustainable use of it
- Water, both rights and access to water resources and sustainable use of it
- Climate, both relating to reducing green house gas emissions and helping farmers adapt to climate change
For more informations click here.